Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Vacation

Well last week was a long awaited vacation. If I count the weekends I had ten days not scheduling my life away. I had a surprise visit from my Brother and his wife the first weekend, then a pool gathering at my mother's home on Monday evening, which included my youngest son, wife, grand baby, and his Nanny. Tuesday I dropped in to see friends who happened to be cooking a wonderful lunch of squash burritos with a Verde sauce, fabulous! Wednesday, Mike and I traveled to Tulsa to meet for a few hours of shopping with Robbin and the grandkids, and then dinner out once Scott could meet up with us. Thursday we traveled onto Ft. Worth to visit his brother in the nursing home and actually enjoyed some time getting to know his wife and step daughter better. By Saturday we traveled back by way of McKinney Texas where we stopped in to see my niece who was home recovering from back surgery, it had been at least eight years since I had seen her. We traveled on home to sporadic storms and then later fireworks. Sunday I woke up too late to attend church so I had a pajama day and sewed all day, over all a wonderful unplanned period of time off.

No comments: